Not only that, but 42% of bank customers polled said they have been fraud victims!
No wonder 56% of those polled said they are at least “concerned” — with 29% “very concerned” — about fraud and identity theft.
What worries consumers the most?
Check out these stats:
- The greatest fear, at 82%, is credit card cloning.
- Coming in second at 81% is fraud from loss or theft of cards.
- At third, or 78.6%, is loss from online shopping.
- Identity theft concerns 76.6%.
- Email phishing worries 64.3%.
Do you think the potential for fraud is multiplied now that there are a variety of sources to worry about? What other risks do you worry about when it comes to your financial well-being?