I have enormously enjoyed writing the “Ask the Expert” column this past year.
I started this column because I’m passionate about online security, and I wanted to share with you all that I’ve learned. Since we are near the end of the year, I thought it would be good to provide you with a reference of all the columns I have written.
Not to toot my own horn, but several of the issues I covered become major trends or mainstream news stories later in the year. For example, I received many questions about why personal VPNs are important in hotspots, so I devoted several “Ask the Expert” columns to answering those questions for our readers.
I will continue to write weekly columns in 2012 about what’s trending in online security and the world of personal VPNs. If you have a question or topic you want me to address for my special “Ask the Expert” columns, please leave a comment below, email me (email@example.com), or leave a note on our Facebook or Twitter pages.
I look forward to continuing this relationship with you in the years to come. May you and your family have a very happy holiday season.
- What is a VPN? http://www.privatewifi.com/what-is-a-vpn-ask-the-expert/
- Am I safe using my laptop in my hotel room? http://www.privatewifi.com/ask-the-expert-am-i-safe-using-my-laptop-in-my-hotel-room/
- What are supercookies? Do they affect my online privacy? http://www.privatewifi.com/ask-the-expert-what-are-supercookies-do-they-affect-my-online-privacy/
- Am I at risk if stores I shop at keep my email address on file? http://www.privatewifi.com/ask-the-expert-am-i-at-risk-if-stores-i-shop-at-keep-my-email-address-on-file/
- Is it safe for me to use hotel wifi? http://www.privatewifi.com/ask-the-expert-is-it-safe-for-me-to-use-hotel-wifi/
- Is reusing the same password risky? http://www.privatewifi.com/building-better-passwords/
- What steps should I take to be safe on Facebook? http://www.privatewifi.com/ask-the-expert-what-steps-should-i-take-to-be-safe-on-facebook/
- Is “anonymous data” an illusion, or am I always safe using my credit cards? http://www.privatewifi.com/ask-the-expert-why-is-anonymous-data-a-personal-privacy-illusion/
- Why are people calling HTML5 a “game changer” for online security? https://www.privatewifi.com/ask-the-expert-why-are-people-calling-html5-a-game-changer-for-online-security/